*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/796473-Observations
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#796473 added November 11, 2013 at 12:01pm
Restrictions: None
Observations
Another week gone and very little to show for it. I suspect someone is pinching days or I'm getting so old and idle I've forgotten what I do with them. I'm wondering if the blog section of my brain has died or taking a long vacation as inspiration just doesn't strike as in the days of old. I only have a few snippets to offer.

*Bullet* Son and family have gone away for the week as the children are on holiday from school. They have left us two bags of damp washing to dry and iron and the cat. Attempting to knit a Ninja Turtle sweater involving a dozen balls of wool is not a good idea with a young feline around.

*Bullet* I managed a group walk for the first time in three months, though I admit it seemed a long trek and I felt exhausted on return. Chucked my muddy boots outside with the intention of hosing them down the next day. The next day pimply sissed down so I suspect my boots have been cleaned by Mother Nature.

*Bullet* Sis and I are dieting again. As a means of motivation we decided to choose a colour theme to include in healthy recipes each week. So far we have chosen green, yellow and red. I have gained two pounds. I never liked those colours anyway.

*Bullet* The manic season is upon us and I want to emigrate. Streets full of kids in gruesome costumes begging for money and sweets, followed by horrendous fireworks and humbug hype is not my idea of fun. I wish hibernation was an option.

*Bullet* Hubby and I are having our usual ups and downs. I turn the heating up, he turns it down. I turn the T.V. volume down, he turns it up. Such is life.

I have a very annoying twitch in my right eye. Whether the above have anything to do with it I don't know. But I do know I need some kip and there's this little black furry thing curled up on my lap and I haven't the heart to throw it off and...

Why is life so difficult?

© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/796473-Observations