*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797314-Jud-at-the-Scene
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1928076
new novel working during writing 101
#797314 added November 9, 2013 at 1:11pm
Restrictions: None
Jud at the Scene
It was hard for Jud Cole to work the scene. George had shown Deputy Cole the ropes and become his partner. He found the fire chief.





“Chief Johnson,” Jud called to the fireman as he ran to the inside of the house where the George and Cheona's room had been.





“Jud, are you all right?” Chief Johnson reached out his hand to shake the deputy's hand.





“I won't be until we can find those responsible for this hellish act.” Jud pulls away. He felt that if he were touched any longer he would break down into tears from the loss of his best friend and partner.





“The living room window was open for a nice breeze, I am guessing.” The two men walk back to the burned living room. The walls were black with soot, funiture was in piles of ash on the scorched floor, and the wall around where the window used to be was burned down.





Chief stirred the ash where the window had been, and pointed out a whiskey bottle broken into tiny pieces. There as a burned pattern of a cloth. “This is ….”





“I know all too well what this is.” Jud looked down at the broken glass. “ This was nothing but a homemade fire bomb. George and I have investigated so many burnings from these kinds of fire starters.”





“Yes, well this one is a little different.” Chief Johnson replied. “See where the pattern is up this piece of wood?”





“Yes?”





“This means that the bottle was standing when the fire started.” He continues. “From what I can see, whoever did this was sure that they would not be seen. It looks as though the arson walks up on the porch quietly. He puts his hand through the window and sits the flaming bottle by the living room curtains. He had to be some one that knew the family well.”





“We arrested man last week, and he had a son that is know to play with fire.” Jud thought for a moment. “I just have a feeling about this one. Let me know what you find.”





“I will.” Chief replied as he watched Jud walk away.





“Jud,”  Majag shooke Jud' s hand.





“Hello, Majag, how are the boys?” Jud asked feeling helpless for not being able to bring any news.





“Biziil, will be getting out soon. I have to stay here with Yancy. The doctors aren't sure that he will make it. He is in bad shape.” This was the first time that Jud has seen tears in this big Indian's eyes.





“I promise that I will find who killed them, Majag.” He looked into the room at Yancy's bed. “I will find them for George.”





“I know you will, Jud.” Majag said.





“If you need anything, let me know. I will see that there is someone to take care of anything.”





“Thank you,”

















 
IMAGE
reviewer of month of march  (E)
came at the best time
#1926888 by Ida_Matilda_Wright Help






 dipolma  ()
I enjoyed this class
#1850294 by Ida_Matilda_Wright Help






 
IMAGE
Reviewing ribbon  (E)
I am so happy to have been granted this reward..
#1931330 by Ida_Matilda_Wright Help






My words are ways to leave peices of myself behind for my children
© Copyright 2013 Ida_Matilda_Wright Help (UN: writing_life at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ida_Matilda_Wright Help has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797314-Jud-at-the-Scene