*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797313-Family-and-Fire
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1928076
new novel working during writing 101
#797313 added November 9, 2013 at 1:10pm
Restrictions: None
Family and Fire
As time past, the two learned to love each other. George visited Cherokee ceremonies and made sure to spend time in her village. Chenoa did the same. She attended baptist sermons, attended town functions, and participated in the white-man's holidays.





Cheona was twenty when she began to be sick. She found that she was to have George's first child. She was so happy to be giving him this child. July 8, 1960 Cheona gave birth to Yancy meaning Englishman because his father was white. Though Yancy did not have any of the white-man's features. Next child to be born to the Lancer family was Biziil. Biziil was born weighing over ten pounds. His name meant “He is Strong”. If he were born in the Cherokee village, Biziil would have be one of the Noble Braves. The last child that the couple had was Illanippi. She was born with her mother's same skin and features with two exceptions. She had blue eyes and blond wavy hair. Her name meant amazing.





Their family was both respected and despised. George's job as sheriff gained the respect of the town's folk. However, their family was an abomination against God in their community. The religious fanatics who still believed that God only made people with one color skin, White. Everyone else was a mistake created by other powers such as Satan. These were the people that were dangerous for the Lancers. George had to arrest a twelve year old young man for burning his barn the year before. It was a few that made life hard, but they were a dangerous sort of people.





The children had little time to play. However, Sunday was a different story. Chenoa would take them to the lake near her village. She would visit her family while the children played. This was the one day a week that they could be children no different than the one they were playing with. They were excepted.





One of their favorite times were sitting in the circle with the other children. Listening to their uncle, Chenoa's brother, tell stories that had been passed down from generation to generation. Though he was a great it was easy to see why his is called Majag which in English means “Never Silent.” The children love Majag and woke up early waiting their mother for their trip.





One night after Chenoa read her children a Bible story and told a story from her tribe. She kisses Yancy good night. The tucks his two younger siblings into their beds. Illanippi was a tiny girl. She was only two, but wore her braids as well as any Cherokee. Bidziil was six. He had a deformity. One of his eyes turned into his nose, and he was missing three fingers from his right hand. They all had their good night love just as they did every night.





Yancy wakes up choking. His room was filled with smoke. He could not breath. Grabbing the door knob, Yancy feels the metal burn the palm of his hand. He manages to open the door. The hall grew darker with smoke the closer that he got to his mother's and sister's room. The screams of his parents were more than he could handle standing in the smoke filled hall. He fell over unconscious.


***


© Copyright 2013 Ida_Matilda_Wright Help (UN: writing_life at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ida_Matilda_Wright Help has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797313-Family-and-Fire