*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797714-The-Stomach
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#797714 added November 13, 2013 at 11:43pm
Restrictions: None
The Stomach
November 13, 2013

I have heard it said more often than not that "I can't stomach that". There are some things that do not want to be digested viscerally and other things that will protest amidst a grinding bloated binge. Today is one of the days that I feel the stomach more than any others. I do not know if it is what I ate physically, mentally or spiritually. Something did not sit with me well. The only thing for certain is that I do not want to feel the queasiness again for awhile.

It is said that we are part of the body of Christ. Even the stomach has a role. We often associate that part of us as a place where I take life in. I am driving home from bible study and someone is yelling and screaming for me to get in the next lane. As it is I am going slightly over the speeding limit. For some persons the highway is made just for them. Break their rule and face the consequences.

It would have been a good example to support what I had to share in Romans chapter three. People go out of their way to assert their right to be human. God understands and forgives, so why should we even bother to change. Too often people and I can be included tend to settle for seeing what can be digested without thinking of consequence.

Why not aspire to be a stomach so that others can know that because of you life can be stomached. An encouraging word works a lot better than pepto bismal. There are consequences for eating/partaking of forbidden fruit. I pray for you and for people not even born. Eat of Christ in such a way that generations after will remember. Christ's body was broken for you. "Do this in Remembrance of me"!


© Copyright 2013 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797714-The-Stomach