*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797781-Starting-Over
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#797781 added November 14, 2013 at 10:27pm
Restrictions: None
Starting Over
November 14, 2013

I just got word that my former sister-in-law today that she is getting remarried. Her husband and I were close. He died of cancer shortly after his dad. She is one of those bubbly types of persons. Her two boys were not too sure about it at first. They were of the mind that no one could replace their dad. It has been about eleven years since Alan's death. I am glad for new beginnings. He is the same person who told me to get on with my life when my ex-wife was wanting a divorce. He knew she would not change her mind. I am very sure he is smiling. There are always internal adjustments. I recall when my mom remarried after my dad died. She did what she knew my dad would have wanted. That did not mean that the rest of her brood were supportive. My sisters could be heard saying he will never replace Dad. Who could? I am glad God paves the way for better surprises.

I am experiencing my own revival in my vocational assessment. I had more or less given up of caregiving after a major fiasco that took place when I was taking care of some developmentally disabled males. I made a med error and one of the men ended up in the hospital. Several months later he died. It has been very hard in making peace with the fact that he would have died anyway, even if I was told this over and over. It has been eight or nine years since it happened and I have decided to try caregiving again. This time I will be working with the elderly and I thank God I will not be giving out medicine again. I am glad for the God of second chances. What second chances has God given you. I bet there are some second chances awaiting you and many others. PTL.*Laugh*

© Copyright 2013 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797781-Starting-Over