*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797999-Shooting-to-hit-the-mark
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#797999 added November 16, 2013 at 11:51pm
Restrictions: None
Shooting to hit the mark
November 16th, 2013

I almost missed out on my blog today. I have been running around, literally and trying to track down my kids to a thanksgiving lunch at church tomorrow. It is hard for me to stay focused on the holiday. I come from a large family and recall all the big meals and company. Now I am faced with my wife and I and her cats. It is a bit of a head scratcher.

My demise took place around the event of divorce. I can honestly say it has to be some of my fault. I decided to stay close to my kids and took on menial minimum wage jobs to survive. Being near my kids was not the biggest problem. I almost always faced with having to work the holiday. The best I can do is try to have a very small gift/dinner get together at Christmas and a dinner just before thanksgiving. I did not tell them about the church dinner until three days before. So what do I expect? *Blush*


I also consider that I could branch out and do something on the charitable angle. I kind of do that all ready with bible studies and volunteering as a hospice visitor. I feel really awful getting down during a season where there is so much to be thankful for. *Confused*


1. I have my health
2. I have a job
3. I have children
4. My family back East are all doing well
5. I am writing
6. I am married to a great woman
7. I have great friends
8. I enjoy my church
9. I am thank ful for family
10. The weather has been real nice.... There are at least a million things and no doubt more. As I read in someone else's story. I would do better to focus on what I have that what I do not have.
*Smile*

With all that being said I will miss my kids and my grandkids. At the same time I wish them the best. Thank God they are alive and I am alive to tell the tale!!!

© Copyright 2013 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797999-Shooting-to-hit-the-mark