*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797915-concert
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#797915 added November 15, 2013 at 11:26pm
Restrictions: None
concert
November 15, 2013

I am on my way to my son's concert. His main job is a music teacher. I like the idea of teaching the public that music is like a road that can lead in and out of imagination. It is in that sense like writing. I will report back what I find out from being in the arena. God bless until then!! *RollEyes*

The arena was too nice. There were songs from the sound of music and fiddler on the roof, which were the most familiar songs of which I was aware. There were also individual songs such as God bless America and I will never walk alone. The latter brought tears to my eyes. To see my twenty-six year old son playing brought tears to my eyes. All the lessons were worth it. There were many more lessons for me than them for him. I was not the most patient. At different times I suggested he spend his two thousand plus violin for a car. I am glad now I did not let it happen. Boy, can he play.*Inlove*


Another aside was watching one of the instrumentalists and being reminded of my friend Brian, who does a lot of work with special needs adults and elderly. Brian does not play a musical instrument, yet his life is like a song. I think of many of the poems and stories I have read as evidence that music flows through the veins of those who share. Maybe at some point we will all share this joy we feel inside on a musical stage. What a concert that would be!!! *BigSmile*

© Copyright 2013 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797915-concert