*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/798064-Sunday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#798064 added November 17, 2013 at 9:16pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday
Today is just not cooperating with me. Oh well, some days are like that, and for me it tends to be Sundays. I had plans for writing this afternoon, but it just isn't going to happen. Well, not the writing I had planned on.

The plan was, write a chapter today, and the last chapter tomorrow, unless it gets too long, then make it two chapters tomorrow. I'm writing for NaNoWriMo this year, my first, and I made my fifty thousand words yesterday, but I still have two or three chapters left to finish the story.

So, I went to bed pretty early last night and don't have to get up until six for work this morning. Nine hours of sleep for a change, and I slept sound, too. Normally I get five or six, so this was terrific. I thought I would have a quiet day at work, too. Last Sunday was pretty mellow, and today the weather was pretty nasty out. Therefore, it should be a slow day, especially since yesterday was.

Nope, it started out kind of slow, then here they come, everyone in a rush to get outside work done before the weather gets nasty. It was forecast windy and rainy. Well, it was windy and overcast, not sure if they got any rain this afternoon or not, but not while I was at work. Still, it was cold and windy, and it's the middle of November, don't you think you missed the boat on nice weather for outdoor projects?

Some were shopping for inside items, but even this is kind of nuts. I mean it's Sunday, most people have the day off; spend it with your family and have some fun. I just enjoy standing outside listening to people piss and moan about the weather not being nice for them to do their outdoor projects, NOT!

I especially enjoy listening to some person who bought stuff two months ago, and is just now picking it up, on a Sunday, in the damp fog, with the wind biting my bare fingers as I count your sheets of steel siding that you just had to tie down already, while you sit in the warm vehicle and stuff junk food in your mouth. Then when I do finish and open the gate, you spit all over when you ask me if I have a heater in the guardhouse, then shove another fistful of junk into your already full mouth and spit at me again when you tell me to stay warm and not work too hard.

Yep, that's the normal Sunday it seems, and even though I don't have to be in to work until eight, I don't get done until mid afternoon. Then I fix some lunch and eat, spend a little time with the dogs, and then get online for a little while. Next, it's time to write, but I'm tired, and I can't focus.

So, I try looking at a few things online, check Facebook, and then go back and try again. Nope, it's not flowing at all. So, I read some email, check some posts, and then try it again. I opened the last chapter I wrote, read the last few pages, and should have been ready to continue on. Nope, nothing.

I took the dogs out, tried to think of something to write, anything, and then came back in and tried it again. Still nothing came, I just typed a word or two trying to start a sentence, then a couple more and then I had it, one sentence. I read the few paragraphs I had started on this chapter, got to the last one and then my new sentence; off subject, it didn't fit in. Nope I was going the wrong direction.

So, here I am, writing a little in here to see if I can get some writing done. Even here it's difficult to write, I want to go off in multiple directions. Just one of them nights, I guess. So, since I can't get anything in writing to go right, I guess I'll go read for a while.

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/798064-Sunday