*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/798151-Monday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#798151 added November 18, 2013 at 8:29pm
Restrictions: None
Monday
So far, things are not going according to plan at all. I should be a bit worked up over this, but I'm not worked up at all. In fact, it's kind of stimulating in an odd sense.

I wanted to finish my novel for NaNo today. The plan was to write another chapter on Saturday, one on Sunday, and then the final today. Unless of course things were running too long and another chapter was needed, then it was two for today, or one today and another tomorrow, to finish the novel. I'm off work today and tomorrow, so it should have worked great; or at least it did in the planning stage.

Reality is always so much more down to earth and unpredictable, however. So, Saturday I did my chapter, passed fifty thousand, and I was pumped to finish. Of course, I'm still excited by my accomplishment of doing over fifty thousand words for NaNo and not in a month, but in half that time. No preparations except a story idea the day before it kicked off. My first writing for NaNo was the outline. To add to this, I also took a couple of days off, one the first week, and one the second week, so I wrote the total in fourteen days.

But, like I said, I still have a few, two or three chapters to write to finish the story. I'm thinking of about sixty thousand by the end, roughly. Saturday went well, but Sunday I got home later, as is normal, and just could not get anything to go. So, I decided it must be time for another day off. No big deal, since I had Monday and Tuesday off and could make up for the day off easy enough.

In fact, I kind of enjoyed taking that break and went to bed eager to get up and get going. I had plans for a nice start after sleeping in a little, enjoying some coffee and a nice breakfast with my wife, then doing our Bible study. But, I slept later than I intended, I had a terrible backache and stiff neck. I'll add here past injuries are a real pain; pun intended. Then upon getting up, my foot hurt, my other leg was stiff, and I felt terrible. I suppose the effects of my flu shot. Most of it passed, but the stiff neck didn't let up, nor did the throbbing pain in my lower back.

Rhonda does magic with her fingers and soon had some knots worked out and the back feeling better, but the neck was stubborn. I ended up with a very intense headache to go with it, and was just unable to do much of anything most of the day. By mid afternoon, the neck finally started to loosen up, but the headache is still present. I took some over the counter medication to lessen it, and it's helped, but it's still present.

So, no writing today. I can't really call upon the imagination when it's being blocked by pain. Even so, we made a trip into town, got some brandy to sip on tonight, we are having a wonderful dinner, and I'm enjoying another day off with my love. Tomorrow I'll have to write like a madman, but if I don't get it all done tomorrow, I will soon.

So, let's see where tomorrow puts us.

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/798151-Monday