*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/798398-The-Fall-of-Gary
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#798398 added November 21, 2013 at 4:39am
Restrictions: None
The Fall of Gary
November 20th, 2013

I wondered if I would reach this place of wanting to write about today. Wednesday was a Fall day in more ways than one. *Shock*

I was on my daily walk, running a bit behind of making it to an appointment. I was very sure that I would make it to the doctor on time if I just picked up the pace. I came upon some steps and as I got to the last concrete step my ankle turned ever so slightly and I fell ever so unexpectedly to the ground. I wish I could say it was only my pride that was hurt. Cars rushed by as I was sprawled on the sidewalk face down. On the other side of the road was the Community Center I often attended to run on the treadmill when the weather was bad. The ground had been wet from an early morning rain, what did I expect?*RollEyes*

I finally gathered up the courage to get up. My knee had a strawberry on it, my head had a small bump and my shoulder was sprained. (I did not notice the pain in my shoulder until later in the day.) Then of course, my ankle was discomfitted, even though I feel psyched up to take another walk to start Thursday. The doctor told me I was overweight, it seemed like the natural thing to do.
*Pthb*
Not too long ago, I was told in a senior orientation about the threat of the fall to the elderly. I can now relate in an intimate way. Who would have thought it could happen to me? As pastor I think about the Fall of Man. It does not take much imagination to recognize at least some similarity. Adam was offered something that seemed to good to be true and upon partaking fell from grace. Shortly after that relationships with others were affected. The implication was: Who needs God or other people anyway?*Sick*

Here I am back up from the fall. My shoulder feels a lot better after applying ice and resting it. More importantly anger toward my wife dissipated when I realized that it was all my fault and I was feeling more vulnerable than I have ever felt. God bless. Watch out for the Fall! It can seem closer than you thought. Thanksgiving and turkey is just a heartbeat away!!*BigSmile*

© Copyright 2013 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/798398-The-Fall-of-Gary