*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/798441-JOY
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#798441 added November 21, 2013 at 6:10pm
Restrictions: None
JOY
November 21, 2013

I went to visit one of my hospice clients today. I never know what to expect. Last time I was there Joe just looked at me to acknowledge that I was there and then fell asleep at the table. How would today be any different? *RollEyes*

Joe was sound asleep when I entered. I called to him and shook his hand and it was as if someone had risen from the dead. He was full of a need to share joy. He shared it in talking about the snow and how he did not want any part of it. He was full of giggles and a big smile on his face as he shared his feelings about the holiday. In particular he was hooked into want to talk about a funny show that involved Santa Claus. He was non stop wanting to talk and share about all his projects and dreams. I would still be talking with him if I was there.*StarStruck*

What is there to be learned? Joe is considered mentally handicapped, a five year old in an eighty-three year old body. He was glad for someone to talk with. He shook my hand and at times nudges at me as he was getting more and more involved in the telling of the tale. It says in the bible that the truth shall set us free. I am just as sure that joy can set free too. Maybe that is the truth after all. When we focus on feeling lost and confused we come into the arena that way and have trouble finding our way out. My learning is to be surprised by joy. I am very sure that another experience of it is right around the corner!!*Cool*


© Copyright 2013 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/798441-JOY