*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/798844-Swings-and-Roundabouts
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#798844 added May 24, 2014 at 3:21am
Restrictions: None
Swings and Roundabouts
The good news is our son has secured a temporary managerial job until the end of January. Hopefully this will give a boost to his confidence and finances. The work is the sort he was seeking and he's enjoying it so far. Hopefully there may be another post available at a different venue in the new year.

The bad news is the job is a fair distance from his home and entails an hour's drive morning and evening. With Mey Ling's disabilities and a small baby at home, it would be very difficult and expensive for her to take and fetch the children from school. Enter the grandparents… *Rolleyes* Still, when did we ever have time to ourselves in this thing called retirement?

On the plus side the employers have agreed to allow Paul to go in later on three mornings in order for him to take the children to school and I get some welcome, blessed relief and space on the days when hubby goes to fetch them on his own.

Hopefully it won't be too bad with the Humbug holidays looming and plenty of activities at school if we can't manage to collect them in time. Conversations with the grand monsters are beginning to involve hints of what is requested from Santa this year.

Cool dude Dylan, along with Angry Birds and Ninja Turtles has requested a new coat and an old sock. *Laugh* Angel seems to fit into the words of a song, but I'm not sure she'd be able to whistle even with her two front teeth. Bobby is oblivious as yet and too busy attempting to roll over and blow raspberries. I hear a few debates about the fact that because Angel and Dylan are so close, maybe Bobby would like a playmate at some stage. *Shock* I shall contemplate emigrating.






© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/798844-Swings-and-Roundabouts