*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799124-Twas-the-Day-After-Thanksgiving-and-NaNo
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#799124 added December 1, 2013 at 6:22pm
Restrictions: None
Twas the Day After Thanksgiving and NaNo...
Twas the Day After Thanksgiving
all through my house
not my pen was stirring
not even my mouse
for NaNo was over
and I took cover
in leftover pies and sloth
whirling around my laptop so like a moth…

Well, this ditty just about covers it. All the emptiness after NaNo, the way my characters are still haunting me, for they felt so real this year, and the heavy, full feeling inside my stomach and heart… All because I don’t consider writing work; I consider it a gift I give to myself. So when something is finished, I sort of feel sad until I get just as excited about a new project.

Thus on the end side of my 2013 NaNo story, my flailing story begins. But a light at the end of the tunnel...I am starting to write in my blog again. Some reviews are on the horizon, and a years-old promise to myself: to finish the half-cooked novel Under the New Moon in my port.

For the book I need to finish, I must start reading those old five chapters and get myself interested in those characters and whatever they meant to tell me once, although they have long lost their voices. I can’t predict if they’ll find their old voices when they awaken in their cryonics tombs or if they will they gain new tones. Even if I wouldn’t dare bank on the results, it will probably be more of a process-based process than a results-based process. I mean, my hope is, the process of writing will make those characters become real again.

You lose some…you gain some…

© Copyright 2013 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799124-Twas-the-Day-After-Thanksgiving-and-NaNo