*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799253-At-the-Start-of-a-Depressing-Day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1954602
I have posted my response to MHWA Mental Health Challenge and other items to this journal.
#799253 added December 3, 2013 at 8:39am
Restrictions: None
At the Start of a Depressing Day
It's the start of a depressing day or perhaps the end of a depressing night. I have to give up all of my Baha'i books and I have to move to Searchlight away from my friends, especially the friends in the Baha'i community here in Las Vegas. There are no Baha'is in Searchlight, I will have no one to socialize with at the nineteen-day feast; I can hold feast by myself in my apartment (if I move into the senior complex there); the only other place for me to live in Searchlight is in my sister's home, which means there will be many things I can't do.

I want to cry,
but crying doesn't help
it doesn't change anything.

I know I haven't been very good at attending the Feast in the past few years, but when I have attended I enjoyed it and I like socializing with the Baha'is even if it was only once every nineteen days. I've decided to give up and accept the inevitable. I've decided to accept the fact that I can't take care of myself and need to live in a place that I have someone to take care of me. I'm going to let my sister pack up my books because I can't do it myself. I'm not even sure that I can get rid of them. I'll call a friend who's offered to help and see when he can arrange for someone to come and get them.

I'm tired!
I'm depressed!
I want to give up,
but giving up won't help
and it won't change anything.

I feel so helpless. I feel so hopeless. Maybe a miracle will occur and I can remain in Las Vegas. Maybe it's God's will that I move to Searchlight. The only socializing, at least with other Baha'is, will be on Facebook or other social networks. The only interaction I will have with writers is through writing.com and sometimes I like to go to open mic poetry readings. I know I haven't been to many of those in the past few years, but I do like to attend one once in a while. Perhaps being tired is what makes me depressed; that and the thought of moving to Searchlight.

Accept God's will!
Look on this as an adventure!

Thought of the Day: “There are no 'if's' in God's world. And no placess that are safer than other places. The center of His will is our only safety - let us pray that we may always know it!” - Corrie ten Boom, The Hiding Place




© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799253-At-the-Start-of-a-Depressing-Day