*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799515-Thursday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#799515 added December 5, 2013 at 10:26pm
Restrictions: None
Thursday
Still find it hard to believe I missed a day of journaling in here. Yet the calendar tells me I did not log anything on the the third, and I didn't get it in late on the fourth, either.

That happens to me sometimes, it's still one day here but the next in WdC land. So, I log on the right day, but the date is for the next day. This time, that's not the case, I just completely spaced it out. That's what happens when you're preoccupied, I reckon.

I have been preoccupied quite a bit over the last year or about that, anyway. Most of it was work, problems with employees, and things of that nature. Another preoccupation was an aging Golden Retriever who was very near and dear to me. She passed away on the first, after a very long year for all of us.

Not suffering, as in pain, but in ability. She was young at heart, but old in body. She had to give up so many things that we always shared, and I know it was just as hard for her as it was for me to not have these wonderful moments to share.

After she passed, our other Golden Retriever began to show signs of depression and we thought about getting another dog, to give him a companion. Of course, it also worked this way for the rest of us, too. We rescued a dog from the Humane Society and gave her a home. It did the trick, Hyko isn't acting depressed, but he is still grieving the loss of his best friend, which is healthy.

We are all still grieving her loss, but even as we do, this young dog we picked up has started doing things that Klarissa used to do. At first it was just one little thing, then two, and eventually three and four. She has her own unique personality, but with it, she does a lot of the little things that I have missed so much over the last year. It's almost as if part of Klarissa has embedded into the Hannah.

I don't mind. In fact, I find it very comforting that this new member of our family is responding so wonderfully. And even though she does a lot of the little things that Klarissa used to do, she does them in her own way, and in tune to her own personality.


© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799515-Thursday