*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799697-Run-So-Far
Rated: E · Book · Career · #1959122
Not that you need to enter my crazy mind, but here you go anyway. Enjoy!
#799697 added December 8, 2013 at 3:42am
Restrictions: None
Run So Far
Running from the past is a task that is incidentally obsolete. There is no escaping it. No matter how far you go, how fast you run, it will always be there. It's a part of you. It doesn't stay behind you, it stays with you, interwoven into the fabric of your soul. The only thing you can do is turn and face it. Then you have two choices. Succumb to it, or move on.


At some point, your past is no longer an excuse for the actions of your present. There comes a time when everyone, for whatever reason, must take responsibility for their own life instead of living for the past, be it the memories of their childhood, a lost loved one or a broken heart. No matter what it is, the part it can play in the screenplay of your life is only so big.


The only real question then, is when do you make the decision to live for your life now instead of living in the past? When does who you are now become more important than who you were?

© Copyright 2013 C.N. Greer (UN: chelsea.greer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
C.N. Greer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799697-Run-So-Far