*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799829-Review-2013-Question-3---Do-I-Dread-Getting-Out-of-Bed
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1954602
I have posted my response to MHWA Mental Health Challenge and other items to this journal.
#799829 added December 9, 2013 at 1:12pm
Restrictions: None
Review 2013: Question 3 - Do I Dread Getting Out of Bed?
Do you dread your day to the point that it's hard to get out of bed?
"Spiritual Newsletter (December 28, 2005)

Do I dread getting out of bed? Yes, sometimes I hate getting out of bed. This year has been the worst because I have to force myself to get up and turn off the alarm. I don't use my cellphone alarm any more because I would turn it off and lay there staring at the ceiling or fantasizing. As a results, I would have to take my thyroid medication later in the morning, which meant that I would not be able to eat for at least an hour after I took that pill. Even when I put water and the pill bottle next to where I sleep, I would turn off my alarm without taking the medication.

After taking my medication, I usually turn on one of the computers to let it go through the virus scan. This is more work then what it sounds like because once the automatic scan has started, I have to stop that and restart the whole computer scan because otherwise the computer goes into hibernation while the virus scan is running. If it does that then I have to put off downloading until after the scan is finished because when it goes into hibernation during a scan it takes all day because I can't always be by the computer to prevent it going into hibernation.

Instead of using my cellphone, I have a radio alarm clock that I use. I place this clock far enough from my bed that I have to get up and walk through the house to turn it off. Once I get up then I do everything I have to do in the morning before going back to bed (if I go back to bed) or sitting down at the computer or on the couch. This helps me get up, but it doesn't make getting out of bed easy because I want to lay there and just ignore the alarm.

When Mom was alive, I had a reason to get up when the alarm sounded. I had to get up, get dressed for my day so that I could have Mom out of bed when the C.N.A from Creekside came to give Mom her bath and get her ready for the Daycare Center bus to pick her up. However, this year I'm the only person I'm responsible for and sometimes I just find it difficult to get up and get my day going. Once I'm up then I'm fine (at least most of the time) the problem is wanting to get up, finding a reason to get up. Perhaps I need to consider getting a pet in 2014, maybe a cat or a dog would give me a reason to get up in the morning instead of staying in bed half the day.

Thought of the Day: "Thank you Lord for allowing me to see another day & giving me the strength to get out of bed to start my day." - Unknown

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799829-Review-2013-Question-3---Do-I-Dread-Getting-Out-of-Bed