*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799852-Writing-on-Monday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#799852 added December 9, 2013 at 9:25pm
Restrictions: None
Writing on Monday
One of my weekly writing goals is 2,000 words per day. Some days it's easy to write 2,000 words and I exceed the goal. Other days it's more difficult and I tend to fall short of the goal on those days. Monday seems to be one of those days when it's difficult to make the goal. I don't know why Monday is so difficult, true it's the first day of the work week, but I don't see why that should make writing 2,000 words difficult. I mean it's not like I have to leave the house to go and work for someone else. I haven't had a job like that since 2007, so you would think that working online and writing would be easy.

For some reason, my muse wants to take Monday off. Maybe the problem is that I sit down at the computer and write 7 days a week. Perhaps I should take a day off and go do something fun (I'm not sure that is the right word because I find writing fun). A day off from writing, especially in winter is difficult. It's too cold to go a park for very long and I'm not crazy about clothes shopping or shopping of any kind if I have to do it by myself. That's probably why I'm in desperate need of some new clothes because it would be easier and more fun to shop with someone else. I have to get over the notion that shopping with someone else is more fun because I don't have anyone to shop with (well maybe I can find someone).

Perhaps that should be one of my goals for 2014: "Find someone to go shopping with." However, that doesn't solve the problem of why it's difficult to write 2,000 words on Monday when I have no difficulty writing that many words on Sunday. If I have difficulty writing that many words on Monday then it bleeds over into Tuesday and even Wednesday. I need to get in a routine that will help me write. Perhaps the problem is the time I write. Maybe I need to divide my writing time up into two session by doing a morning and evening session. I thought of doing this before, but once I start doing something I don't want to stop until it's finished because I'm afraid I won't finish it.

The only thing for me to do is to keep trying or perhaps pick Monday as the day I take off from writing. Perhaps I should take my day off following the solar day, which is from sundown to sundown. That way I could take the evening of one day off and go to be early then I would have until sunset the next day to go shopping or do whatever I wanted except writing on the computer. I would, of course, carry my pen and paper journal with me in case I got an idea.

Food for Thought: “I like to believe that you don't need to reach a certain goal to be happy. I prefer to think that happiness is always there, and that when things don't go the way we might like them to, it's a sign from above that something even better is right around the corner.” - David Archuleta, Chords of Strength: A Memoir of Soul, Song and the Power of Perseverance

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799852-Writing-on-Monday