*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799964-Jerboa
Rated: 18+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #1966446
Here is a handbook with useful data about Entrüstung and his world!
#799964 added December 11, 2013 at 9:01am
Restrictions: None
Jerboa
Jerboa inspired humanoids that live underground typically near or in desert areas. They have a complicated series of burrows that makes a winding cavern. Typically at the center of the caverns are three large areas of the caverns that house all the Jerboa people. The three three large areas are called the Trinity. The whole cavern system is called a Jerboa community. Like all sentient creatures their ancestors were exposed to the meteor that wiped out the dinosaurs. Giving them magical energy that started on their evolution. The environment is dark and dusty, it is hostile to intruders that aren't properly equipped with breathing magic or breathing apparatuses. They see like any other eye seeing animal only their eyes see best in the dark. But, after a week or so in light eyes their eyes adapt. They eat meats, seeds and insects. They often have near the Trinity a cavern that leads to their underground water source. They sometimes will leave the Community for a half long to a week long period to go hunting for meat in the desert. There are often only consequences when going to another Community as each Community is competing for survival in the desert.

Bio: The average height of a Jerboa is 3 feet tall with the tallest ever recorded at 3 feet and 3 inches. Their fur is brown with a few straw color yellow hairs here and there. They have legs designed for leaping at incredible heights and capable of leaping long distances. Their speed can top out at 24 mph with the average being 15 mph. They often have flat faces with whiskers around their nose for sensing. Their ears are large and have excellent hearing. Their tails are long and help direct the creature on it's direction and balance. At the end of the tail is a heavy fat collection that makes for a nasty wallop. Their nails and teeth constantly grow, thus they dig or scratch and gnaw on things to keep their nails and teeth filed down.

© Copyright 2013 FlashWally22 (UN: m-2mousecyborg at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
FlashWally22 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799964-Jerboa