*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800149-Friday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#800149 added December 13, 2013 at 7:53pm
Restrictions: None
Friday
Friday evening; I got in here a little earlier tonight. We are just about to eat supper, then it's a little television and off to bed. I have to work early again tomorrow and I'm already feeling kind of under the weather. I'm not sure if it's lack of sleep, or just coming down with something.

Friday night -- in times past, I would be out on the town having a blast. Of course Saturday mornings usually reflected the damage of the blast I had the night before. It's been a long time since I went out on a Friday night, or any night for that matter. I can't say that, though, we do go out for dinner from time to time. Maybe it's time to start thinking about doing a movie or something once in a while.

Part of the problem is the cost to go out. It's just cheaper to rent movies or watch something on Netflix. Another problem is I just don't care to go out drinking, and most of the places that have a band are more geared to the younger generation and don't play anything I really care to listen to. The biggest problem has been work; getting up at three in the morning really puts a damper on doing much of anything the evening before.

This past spring, summer, and fall it was work every day, too. Now, we are short one person so Rhonda and I do not get days off together, again. We at least get a couple of days off each week, but not the same days. Hopefully we will have another hired soon, so we can get back to having a couple of days off to enjoy together.

The final problem we had was Klarissa. She had gotten old fast this last year and a half, and after the wonderful years she gave so much of herself to us, it tore my heart out to leave her at home for any reason. She would sit and look, waiting to come with, but too old to wait in the vehicle when the weather would permit, and of course, when it was hot out, or cold out, she just couldn't come with if it meant waiting for us.

We did get a nice trip to Itasca State Park, and enjoyed a nice fall outing. We also made it to Oak Wood Park about mid November, and Klarissa really enjoyed the afternoon there. That was the last good week we had, and I'm glad I had a full crew so I could take most of that week off.

Now, we have Hanna, a new dog, and we are working on obedience training and getting her settled in. I'm not sure how she will do staying home with Hyko, our Golden Retriever, but hope they will do alright. Hyko is still grieving Klarissa, they had been best friends ever since we brought him home.

Supper is ready, time to eat and then a movie or something before bed.

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800149-Friday