*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800153-Friday-the-13th
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#800153 added December 13, 2013 at 9:58pm
Restrictions: None
Friday the 13th
I don't know why people consider Friday the 13th unlucky because today was a very lucky day for me. First, I no longer have to worry about the power being turned off on Tuesday, December 17; which means I can go to my optometrist and relax knowing that when I get home the I will have electricity and the house will be warm (at least warm enough to keep me from freezing to death). Second, when I went to Lutheran Social Services today I was able to get a ten pound bag of frozen chicken, so now I can have fried chicken and make chicken vegetable stew.

It was a good day and I'm tired. I'm not sleepy so I may not go to bed until later tonight. My back hurts, which is normal since I carried in two large and half full boxes of food. I was able to get a couple of salads, several container of yogurt, and other stuff. I don't have to worry about food this week end because I have to focus on eating the things in the refrigerator that I brought home today. I have some pork and hamburger in thawing in the fridge. I'll fix the pork tomorrow with some eggs and squash, if there is any pork left I will cook it and freeze it for another time. I'm one of those people who can't become a vegetarian of any type because I need meat in my diet. I prefer my meat with either vegetable or in a sandwich, so the things I got today will make me a good week end meal.

I'll have to take the trash out in the morning because by the time I got home and everything put away I had to rest a bit. I also did dishes which didn't help the pain in my knees and back. I can stand up for just so long before I have to sit down and rest. I may have to eat something before I go to bed so that I can take another pain pill. The first one helped, but I'm not sure I can sleep with the pain tonight. I may try, but if I can't lay down without pain then I'll have to get up and eat something so that I can take that pill. I hate taking pain medication, but if the pain is so bad that it interferes with sitting in a chair or lying down to a half-way good night's sleep then I have to take the meds.

Food for Thought: "Its Friday the 13th! It's only bad luck if you put it in your head. Think its just another day & stay positive. Have faith with God!" - Unknown


© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800153-Friday-the-13th