*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800383-Socialized-Medicine-is-a-Bad-Idea
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#800383 added December 17, 2013 at 9:32pm
Restrictions: None
Socialized Medicine is a Bad Idea.
In my mind there are two classifications of Liberals. In the first are those who aren’t all that wealthy yet fancy themselves as better than everybody else in the middle class. Many of these are actually upper middle class and come from families that have done well under Capitalism. For some reason they have forgotten the source of their affluence. There is a term being used to describe this group…”The Social Elite.” Actually it’s a pretty good description of how they see themselves. In New York and the North East there are large numbers who fancy themselves in this category when they are really no more than affluent upper middle class Americans who are not the aristocrats they fancy themselves.

Anyway, in the New York Times today there was an article that said words to the effect that many in the Liberal Elite were shocked that the Unaffordable Health Care Act would not include their Hospitals and Doctors in the “Network.” One woman was said to have exclaimed in dismay, “If I had known this was going to happen I would not have voted for President Obama.”

We are only beginning to see the scope of the “Dismay” that is about to overwhelm many miss-guided Americans. They are after all no different from the rest of us in the middle class except for the fact they have a bit more money (but not nearly enough), are delusional and feel a kinship with Old Money High Society. Many of my relatives fit this mindset. What they are finding is that under Obama Care they will be forced to go to the same second tier hospitals as the rest of us and wait for their share of the rationed health care. Heavens forbid they get diagnosed with a long-term illness. Then they’ll discover, because they are in a certain age bracket, the meaning of the old “Thumbs Down” gesture. This is how Socialized Medicine works. Ask any military family and they will tell you all about it. First you have to wait forever to get an appointment, then you have to take the doctor who’s on duty, in a facility that is part of their network. Since retiring I can tell you that what currently exists in the United States is vastly superior to what I experienced on active duty. Now the middle class is about to discover that the "Network" they are signing up for is a significant step down. This new policy they are signing up for will be slow, cost twice as much, have three times the deductible and give the government your last breath. This is what Congresswoman Pelosi was referring to when she said, "We have to enact it to see what's in it." Now she tells us we have to "Embrace the Suck!" I leave it to my readers to decipher what that term means.

So I want to formally welcome all of you Liberals to the new age of Socialized Medicine. You are about to have foisted the same crappy system intended for the rest of us “Low Brows” who are being shoved into the new “Bronze” classification.

© Copyright 2013 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800383-Socialized-Medicine-is-a-Bad-Idea