*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800446-
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#800446 added December 17, 2013 at 9:04pm
Restrictions: None
“Embracing the Suck”
For some reason I got to thinking today about the Minority Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi. She strikes me as a bit ditzy but I have heard commentators and politicians say that she is actually a very nice person and anyone would be charmed talking with her. However true that might be, she occupies one of the most influential offices in the Government and some of the things she says are bizarre.

For example: How could someone responsible for the writing of legislation say “We have to pass a law to see what’s in it?” DUH! How about reading the legislation before passing it to see what’s in it? That’s her job but what is even more worrisome is the implication that most politicians don’t bother taking the time. Can you imagine that? Legislators not reading what they are legislating! I’m sorry but waiting to find out about a piece of legislation after it has passed is an admission of gross incompetence. She might be nice but how about holding her accountable for doing her job? Why do her constituents keep reelecting her to office?

For Example: I used this next one in my blog yesterday and it is another classic of what comes out of the woman’s mouth. She said, in commenting on the compromise worked out by Representative Ryan, that the agreement was one of those cases where “… WE HAVE TO EMBRACE THE SUCK!”

I took it to mean that even if one thinks the compromise is bad, don't dwell on the bad part but savor the good. If this is a correct interpretation then the good could be avoiding another round of sequestration which would not bode well for her fellow Democrats in the upcoming midterm elections.

Personally I don’t think she fully grasped what the term means, where it comes from and at best was using it metaphorically. Maybe one of her preppy interns used it and she thought it was cute. Whether she realizes it or not this is a sexist phrase. It’s refers to a sex act that is more common to a homosexual than a heterosexual relationship. It means, “Don’t dwell on what you’re doing but embrace the pleasure it provides.” I believe Chairwoman Pelosi spoke out of ignorance not realizing what it meant. It is analogous to Alec Baldwin calling that reporter “A Cocksucker” not realizing that Gays and Lesbians would take it as a pejorative comment. This sort of language has no place in the legislative process and the more we hear this sort of vulgar speech the more it shows what a bunch of “Potty Mouths” the Liberals are becoming.



© Copyright 2013 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800446-