*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800707-Icing
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#800707 added December 21, 2013 at 7:35pm
Restrictions: None
Icing
December 21, 2013

I was on the way to work and was faced with adverse weather conditions, wondering if I would make it to my destination or not. The ice was coming down and icing my windows as fast as I could get them thawed. I saw all kinds of cars out on this day and thought about how crazy people were to wait to the last minute to do their Christmas shopping. I thought of three quips to explain the investment that persons have in making others happy.*RollEyes*


1. Icing for some means icing on the cake. People think to themselves that cake without icing is missing something. From this point of view people are letting others others know icing is a good thing. They want to let people know that they can have their cake and eat it. I hope that in their fervency to get icing they do not forget others don't like it as much as they do. *Delight*

2. I had a brother in law who spent lots of time de-icing airplanes. How can one de-ice if their is not ice in the first place. People make a lot of money trying to solve this problem. I watch in awe as people fly in comparison to me as I amble my way to work. I think to myself these people must have de-icing mastered. Watch out for me, because I don't. *Pthb*

3. In hockey there is something called icing. The team with the puck can throw it to the opposing teams side of the ice past the goalie to relieve pressure. That could explain a lot. Maybe that is the bigger message. The pressure is on lets move the car like a hockey puck into the opposing teams icescape past the goalie. The goal is to get that shopping done. There are times that icing is not called when there is someone in the penalty box and the people killing the penalty can do anything they want to relieve pressure. Is it worth it? I say not. Let someone else kill the penalty. I would rather stay alive for another day. *Shock*

To ice or not to ice that is the question.
*Reading*

© Copyright 2013 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800707-Icing