*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800712-A-more-Homogenous-Middle-and-Lower-Class
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#800712 added December 25, 2013 at 8:04pm
Restrictions: None
A more Homogenous Middle and Lower Class
Last night after Indoor Flying, there was some time to do a blog on the continuing saga of Duck Dynasty. So I set to work and finished it. I went to “File/highlight all/paste.” This was a huge mistake… I should have hit “copy” instead of “paste.” To make a long story short “paste” superimposed yesterday’s blog on the work page and before I realized what I’d done… I hit “save” and my newly crafted blog vanished into the netherworld.

I’m sure there are many others out there who have had similar experiences and can attest to how frustrating it is when something like this happens. The reason I use my Microsoft Word Processor instead of the Online Editor at WDC is because when I used to work on line the saga of the vanishing working draft was an ongoing experience. Suddenly the screen would blink and in a dreaded electronic burp... the words were lost forever.

The upside to these experiences is that when I go to reconstruct (from bio memory) a lost manuscript, the results always surprise me as better than what I started with. It is almost as if in the passing twenty-four hours, what was written in electronic memory gets a product improved edit that my subconscious has been working and mulling over in the interim. Having said this I will now try and reconstruct last night’s blog.

The theme was that the things we worry most about seldom come to pass. The reason they don’t is because we correct the anticipated problems and they never have the opportunity to play out on the stage of life. It’s been my experience that the things that materialize out of “Left Field,” that are unanticipated, are those that cold cock us with that unexpected “Sucker Punch.”

Up to now I've been talking about things like Benghazi and the Unaffordable Healthcare Act that are going to come back to haunt the Democrats. The problem with such thinking is the appeal to reason is not an approach that naturally applies to the emotions of the human condition. For example it is a well-known political truism that name calling, accusations, and provocative outlandish comments are more telling in an election than the unimpassioned, reasonable and rational thinking of the candidates. The average voter enjoys the muckraking that Democrats excel at. The Republicans are so inept in the framing of snarky arguments that their candidates come off as clinical, sterile and boring. Voters are less interested in a dispassionate discussion of the issues than they are in the gossip, “I got ya,” empty promises and outright fabrications.

In the upcoming midterm elections the Democrats will have to hustle to overcome some serious miscalculations that have caused pain to middle class Americans. They have used the healthcare issue as a means of redistributing the wealth between the poor and the middle class. The sheltered wealth of the "Old Money" in this country, is far removed from the political discourse. The real class warfare should be the struggle between the middle class and the multi generational wealth that passes from one generation to the next. It is the huge monetary inheritance that crosses generational lines, that maintains the American Aristocracy in the driver’s seat of economic and political power. Trying to change the fundamental gap between the super, multigenerational rich and everybody else is a possibility that is only spoken in whispers.

I call this group “Old Money” and their wealth would boggle the mind if the full extent of it ever dawned on anyone. On the Political scene, to make sure this doesn't happen, are a host of Old Family Names who pay careful attention to politics and zealously guard the loopholes of their wealth regardless of which political party is elected. As a consequence don’t expect any changes in tax reform because the potential “Reformers” are bought and paid for. A simple tax code would make transparent all the safeguards Old Money has so laboriously set in place, orchestrated and managed by legions of tax lawyers, political cronies, and lobbyists. Legislation has been framed to serve the interests of the Elitists and their distracting social arguments are framed to show the class warfare as taking place between the lower and middle class. The real issue of “Tax Reform” is carefully avoided by placing the focus on making the lower two classes more homogenous.

Tomorrow I'll talk more about how Duck Dynasty, and the Tea Party Movement, where some unexpected consequences have reared their heads, impeding the Left’s ongoing efforts to fundamentally change the landscape of America's way of life.

© Copyright 2013 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800712-A-more-Homogenous-Middle-and-Lower-Class