*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800787-The-Men-in-Dark-Suits
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#800787 added December 23, 2013 at 6:50pm
Restrictions: None
The Men in Dark Suits
Today we got plenty of snow. The temperatures have been in the low twenties, however, without a wind it seems almost like spring. All things are relative and after a string of subzero days, temperatures in the 20s are pleasant. Mark came over and plowed us out and I moved the covered trailer into the pole barn.

In the past three days my mind has been alive with ideas to expand in my blog. One is the unintended consequences of the Left in furthering their socialist agenda. I mentioned that "Reason" is not a big player in politics and it struck me that trying to marginalize the family in the Duck Dynasty series is a pretty stupid thing for the Liberals to be doing because it acts like a feather under the nose of a sleeping giant. Then again I doubt that anything is ever going to wake slumbers of the American Middle Class although the Left was instrumental in the emergence of the Tea Party. Isn’t it ironic that the Tea Party was birthed by the Liberals?

However, I’ll spare my readers that discourse for now. Another interesting development is the indignation of Angela Markel, Benjamin Netanyahu and all those countries we’re spying on. Their indignation is a bunch of baloney. When I hear that "Righteous Political Speak" I can only shake my head.

So it goes… “We are deeply offended learning that the United States is reading our e-mails and listening to what our high level bureaucrats are saying to one another.” The term “Deeply Offended” is becoming the most overstated and abused term of the decade. Those who use it are not really “offended” at all. Rather, they're embarrassed by the stupidity they demonstrate in writing emails and saying things over the telephone that any semi-intelligent person regards as a lapse in judgment.

Twenty years ago, when e-mail was still in its infancy I told people not to write any e-mail they’d be uncomfortable seeing on the church bulletin board. For the Germans and Israelis to whine this “Deeply Offended” nonsense is beyond belief. One high ranking Israeli redeemed this whole phony commentary by saying tongue in cheek, ”… I do hope they (NSA) didn’t discover too much.”

This brings me to today’s subject. Back before Benghazi the current administration had been leaking like a sieve. In those days the President and his administration liked to release classified information that cast President Obama in a favorable light. One of the revelations that the Pentagon revealed under Secretary Panetta’s watch was sensitive information that made possible a movie on the Osama bin Laden raid.

Kathryn Bigelow and Mark Boal are moviemakers who, despite not having appropriate clearances, were given classified information used in making the film Zero Dark Thirty. They are currently being investigated allegedly because they leaked information that identified Seals and led to arrests in Pakistan.

Why would the government be using these two to make an example? The answer probably lies in the absolute terror the current administration has developed over leaks and whistle blowers. The Obama Administration has a deep dark secret that will cause a firestorm. It involves where the President was and what he was involved in those missing ten (10) hours the Night of Benghazi. Look at all the effort that has gone into clamping an airtight lid on the incident. Think about the talking points, the resignations, the NSA revelations, the early retirements, the shakeup at Minot AFB and all those nondisclosure statements signed by everyone involved. There is a scandal brewing that threatens to blow wide open a betrayal of public trust and confidence. The truth will eventually come out! There are just too many people who know what really happened. Many of these witnesses are honorable men and women who have had to grit their teeth and swallow hard, telling themselves that in so doing they are acting in the best interests of National Security. In truth they’re afraid that if they don’t shut up the government will ruin their lives.

What is happening to Bigelow and Boal is a warning shot. Investigating these two is a not so subtle warning to the "Little Minions." The warning is to mid level functionaries in the media and government that anyone who crosses the White House, particularly over Benghazi, can expect the men in dark suits to come knocking at their doors.

© Copyright 2013 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800787-The-Men-in-Dark-Suits