*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800844-Lets-Party
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#800844 added December 23, 2013 at 10:33pm
Restrictions: None
Lets Party
December 23, 2013

Today was the big family get together. My son Tim and his wife offered to offer a turkey dinner at their place. It was scheduled to start at 4pm. My wife and I arrived at one minute before 4pm and it looked like no one was there. I could not get Tim on the phone. I called my oldest son to see if he knew what was happening. I found out he almost getting out the door with his wife and two kids. Julie usually gets there on her own terms.

The party was in full swing by 5pm. My two year old grandson Josh was pointing at all the beautiful light on the Christmas tree and when it was time to open presents he was available to help everyone open their gifts. He especially liked his gift of bubbles. Mom and Dad decided it was not the time for bubbles.

Dinner was great. We did not start eating until 6pm. It was all the turkey's fault. It could never make it to the magic 160 degree mark. That meant I raced home to get some gifts I had forgotten, took our dog Buddy home (he had been wearing out his welcome at Tim's house.) I raced to take care of my friends dogs and was back just in time to eat the food that had just been put on the table. It was a good time had by all. We were entertained by a video about what the fox says and after visiting for a long time went our separate ways. Love was offered in full supply and we were filled with joy.*Delight*

© Copyright 2013 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800844-Lets-Party