*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800922-The-Gift
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#800922 added December 24, 2013 at 9:53pm
Restrictions: None
The Gift
December 24, 2013

The holiday stirs up all kinds of memories of past Christmas times. I was eating dinner with my daughter in law and she asked about my favorite gifts. As I looked back I realized that the best gift was being with family. Mary and Joseph are with Baby Jesus in a stable. Jesus is born in a manger. Jesus lays in a place where others gather for dinner. All creation comes to worship the one who is creator of the universe and every human life.

Thls holiday, like others has bumps and bruises:
1. I got a cold and was told that I could not do my caregiving assignment until I get better. Colds and I have a history. I pray this one leaves soon.
2. My wife fell on the ice and I was chided for not watching out for her more.
3. The dog that I have been given to take care of has had fecal issues in the house.
4. My kindle is having issues.
5. My wife awaits a Christmas gift from me.

All the above issues mean that I am alive and have something to live for. I told my friend about his dog. He laughed with me a bit. At one point asking me if I was taking care of his fish. I went to look for his fish and sure enough there was no fish tank or fish to which he responded in gist maybe the dog ate him.

Jesus made room for us just the way we are. Let us find ways to make ourselves more available to receive Jesus and offer that gift for others. The bumps and bruises remind all there is a need. All we have to do is say please!!!*Delight*

© Copyright 2013 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800922-The-Gift