*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800935-Random-thoughts-on-Christmas-Day-2013
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1954602
I have posted my response to MHWA Mental Health Challenge and other items to this journal.
#800935 added December 25, 2013 at 9:55am
Restrictions: None
Random thoughts on Christmas Day 2013
It's Wednesday, December 25, 2013. It's Christmas Day in Las Vegas and at least half of the world. I'm not sure about the other half because I'm still trying to figure out this International Dateline thingy. You'd think, that at 67, I would be able to calculate the difference in date and time all over the planet; however, that isn't the case. I can handle the difference in time across the continental United States, all though I'm a bit fuzzy on the time's in Hawaii and Alaska I do know it's Christmas Day in both of those places. I'm also able to figure out the differences in season between the northern and the southern hemispheres; since in winter in North America then it must be spring in South America. Which still leaves me with the question of "Is it December 26 in Australia when it is December 25 in the United States?"

I don't suppose I should worry about the time and date in Australia since I'm probably never going to visit that beautiful country. However, if I were able to visit, I think I'd like to go around Christmas. Australia is in the southern hemisphere (at least I think it's in the southern hemisphere) and it's got to be a lot warmer there on Christmas Day then it is here in the United States. I just want to be warm again.

This winter is getting to me. It seems colder then it should, but perhaps that has more to do with my state of health then the actual outdoor or indoor temperature. It would, of course, be nice to live some place that I don't have to worry about the power bill. I don't know how people decorating the outside their houses for Christmas manage to pay the power bill. Even a few light along the eves of the roofs must bring the power bill up $100 or more and you add that to a $300 or $400 monthly winter power bill. I don't see how anyone can afford that type of power bill.

Thought of the Day: "Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas." - Calvin Coolidge

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800935-Random-thoughts-on-Christmas-Day-2013