*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800960-Wednesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#800960 added December 25, 2013 at 8:01pm
Restrictions: None
Wednesday
Christmas day is coming to an end, and has passed by way to fast. It's been a difficult Christmas for us, first we lost the van right before Thanksgiving and were down to one vehicle, then Klarissa passed away December 1st, which has made this month and Christmas very difficult for us. For any who don't know, she was our Golden Retriever, but more a family member than a pet. In fact, she was born shortly before Christmas in 2001, and was a big part of our Christmas routine.

We had planned on going to some relatives for the day. We had planned on just driving over early today and coming back this evening, since Rhonda worked yesterday and I work tomorrow. It's been a while since we have been back and it would have made it a little easier for us since we usually do Christmas with the two Golden Retrievers here at home. I know Rhonda would have really enjoyed it, and it would have kept my mind off my loss some.

But, two days ago I blew out a hose for the power steering. I got our lone vehicle back home and was able to make the repair myself, luckily. I was filled with hope that I could tell Rhonda the trip was still on for Christmas as I finished the repair, filled the power steering reservoir, and started our 1993 GMC Jimmy. My hope soon fades as I realized there still wasn't any power steering. As I looked over the system, my faded hope turned to despair as I seen the fluid leaking out of the pump around the pulley; driving with the pump empty had wrecked the seal, and now the pump was out.

Christmas -- good luck looking for parts. Not that many places would even stock a power steering pump, especially for an older vehicle like ours. So much for our plans, but we could still enjoy a nice Christmas at home. We stopped and got some fixings for a nice dinner and came home. By the time we got here, the pump was now chattering and squealing and I find myself wondering how we will get back and forth to work. It's a twenty five mile trip, each way. I can try and find a pump tomorrow after work, and Rhonda is going to check into the one repair station in town and see if he can do the work.

But, if no one stocks the part, it could take a few days to order one. We need the vehicle for work, and it's driven every day. Monday through Thursday, it's one round trip a day. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, we each work, so it's multiple trips on these days. I don't know how long the pump will hold together with no oil in it, and if it goes out the rest of the way, it's going to do even more damage. I'm hoping for good news tomorrow, but it's looking kind of doubtful.

That's the problem with not having any money, and a destroyed credit rating. It goes back to my divorce, and the same with Rhonda. What credit we had has been obliviated, and we each only work part time, so money is tight, especially in the winter. We really don't know many people around here, and the few we do know are in similar situations, so there isn't much chance for help, either. I also have bills that are due, and my membership here is up at the end of the month.

I don't know about the rest of you, but 2013 has been a terrible year for us, and I hope that with the new year, things will start to look up for us again. Even so, we had a wonderful day. We enjoyed exchanging gifts, spoiling our pets, and a wonderful dinner. Now we are relaxing for a little while before retiring for the night. Rhonda has tomorrow off, and I will be done work before noon, and the rest of the day will be ours to enjoy. Now, if we can just get some good news on getting this vehicle repaired, so I can focus on making repairs to the van and get us a second vehicle going, again.

Merry Christmas and good night~

© Copyright 2013 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800960-Wednesday