*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801279-Too-Much-Work--to-do-to-Give-in-to-Illness
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1954602
I have posted my response to MHWA Mental Health Challenge and other items to this journal.
#801279 added December 29, 2013 at 11:48am
Restrictions: None
Too Much Work to do to Give in to Illness
I'm not feeling good this morning and I'm not sure why. I had oatmeal with milk and syrup for my first breakfast, but I didn't eat all the oat meal. I'll fix the rest of it with some scrambled eggs and a salad later today. I have too much work to do to give into illness about the only writing I accomplished this morning was to sit up "Invalid Entry and wash a load of laundry. I still have to fold the laundry and bring two or three things out of my mother's bedroom. Once they are out and I've checked the bathroom for anything then I don't have to go back into that room at all.

Besides feeling ill, I'm tired, but that still isn't any excuse for not getting several things accomplished today. Perhaps I'm feeling this way because it's the end of the year and I'm still in my mother's house. I could actually be sick, but I won't know that until I see the doctors in January, February, and March. I could be feeling this way because of something I'm eating or not eating. I didn't read the ingredients on the oatmeal container when I bought it or made oatmeal this morning, so there could be something in it that upsets my stomach.

The only thing I can't eat is MSG (Monosodium glutamate), but I didn't think this flavor enhancer was added to oatmeal. I guess I should read on the box to see because I know someone told me that it was add to thing other then Chinese food. I'm on a high fiber diet, so normally the only thing I check for when I read the ingredients is the fiber content. However, now I have to start looking at the other ingredient and some of those ingredients are written in such small letters that it's difficult to read them.

I have a magnifying glass that I can carry with me. I usually leave it at home because my purse is too small to put a lot of stuff in and I didn't think I needed the magnifier to read ingredient labels. However, if I'm going to start feeling ill because of a food additive I can avoid by just reading the label more closely, I'll carry the glass with me. I wanted to purchase a new purse anyway.

Thought of the Day: "Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them." - Sai Baba

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801279-Too-Much-Work--to-do-to-Give-in-to-Illness