*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801510-Another-One-Bites-the-Dust
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#801510 added December 31, 2013 at 1:20pm
Restrictions: None
Another One Bites the Dust
I come across many adjectives in cards and songs associated with the Christmas period including peace, relaxation, harmony, geniality, tolerance, charity, respect, sharing, goodwill, hospitality and mercy.

Very few of these words could be used to describe my own personal humbug experiences, in fact mostly the opposites, whatever they may be. What's the opposite of opposite by the way? *Rolleyes*

I could write a book about life in the Scarlett household at this time of year, but I have neither the time or inclination and wouldn't be able to decide if it was a tragedy or a comedy. Anyway, you know I'm not one to complain…

New Year's Eve promises to be quieter, although I think we may be in bad books for turning down the kind offer of having all three grand monsters for a stopover. So be it. We've done enough already and don't feel confident enough to keep a six-month-old overnight. It may sink in that having children is a responsibility which includes making sacrifices, though I doubt it.

So, it will be another evening at home with hubby and the television, but I shall raise a glass or five of course. There will be no noisy celebrations, no resolutions or promises, no unrealistic hopes and dreams. Days will come and go. There will be good and bad ones and no doubt some unexpected events along the way. The weather will be unreliable and the price of carrots will fluctuate, but for each day we have I shall attempt to count my blessings, even if I rarely get beyond five.

I wish you all a peaceful, pleasant evening and all the best life can offer in the year to follow.

© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801510-Another-One-Bites-the-Dust