*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802451-Box-Clever
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#802451 added January 7, 2014 at 12:48pm
Restrictions: None
Box Clever
I have on many occasions accused my husband of suffering from a condition I call Boxism. This is due to the fact he spends many hours watching television and has a habit of putting all the people he sees on there into boxes. As in who looks like who and what other programmes people have appeared in.

But now I'm thinking I have a different and possibly more serious case of the condition, but with different symptoms. I admit I'm a bit of a neat freak and organisation is an essential part of my every day life. I love to organise outings, parties, trips and holidays, but on a day to day basis I know I waste too much time organising cupboards, drawers and belongings. But it's only just occurred to me how my life is full of boxes.

It started in the New Year when as usual I have the urge to put my house in order and clear out unwanted items. Down came the Humbug decorations and back they went into their many and varied type boxes, As I loaded them back in their resting place I counted at least a dozen, with the addition of a few empty spare ones just in case. With that task complete I decided to sort out my CD's and DVD's. In my computer desk, behind the netbook (in a box) and computer disks (in boxes) I found a box of empty CD's, but noticed the box is rather tatty and decided to hunt out a better one.

It was as I opened cupboards and drawers in every room I realised almost everything I possess is in a box. There are large plastic storage boxes containing shoes, bags, gift wrap, memorabilia, kid's toys, art materials and other items as well as a whole range of other plastic containers, card boxes, pretty boxes, sparkly boxes, wooden boxes and craft boxes. I even have a large box containing nothing but empty boxes. *Rolleyes* I'm not sure what a psychologist would make of that.

One day I might just count up how many boxes I own. I am trying to resist purchasing any more, but am sad to say there isn't one available the right size to accommodate my blank C.D's. Maybe I need to spend a day reorganising all my boxes to suit the contents. Or maybe I just need putting away in a box somewhere myself.

In other news son's cat Tommy has gone AWOL and the family are distraught. Despite reassuring them cats are their own bosses and will do as they please, it's unlike him, particularly as the weather is absolutely foul. Seems there's always something to worry about. But tomorrow I'm off to my sister's for a few days, leaving hubby with free range of the box. Sis and I will no doubt be emptying boxes of fermented grapes, but I'm looking forward to a break.

I just wish the damned cat would turn up. I don't like the worst scenario feelings I always seem to have in these situations. A shame I can't channel my over active imagination into writing outside the box.

© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802451-Box-Clever