*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801672-Day-1-Craziest-New-Years-Resolution
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#801672 added January 1, 2014 at 2:34pm
Restrictions: None
Day 1: Craziest New Year's Resolution
*Written as part of the "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS.

Day 1 Prompt: What has been the craziest New Year's Resolution you've heard to date? Did you make it or was it made by someone you knew? What became of the Resolution? Tell me a story - Kick in the New Year for me.

The closest I've ever come to a crazy resolution is just the sheer amount of stuff I promise myself I'm going to take on. The one I still make every year because I haven't reached it is to read fifty books during the year, but in years past I've also resolved to read 150 screenplays, write two novels and four screenplays, lose weight, etc. Each year I inevitably failed (probably because actually accomplishing everything would require me to quit my day job and not spend any time with my family!), and it wasn't until years later that I finally stopped promising myself that I would accomplish so much. Instead, I switched to making much more conservative resolutions where I didn't expect myself to produce quite so much volume.

One of the resolutions I have for this year, which is probably a little more "out there" is that I want to visit two different continents during the year. I'm already planning on taking a mission trip with my wife to Brazil in the summer (our summer, not theirs *Wink*), and we're trying to figure out where else we want to go. My non-calendar-year-specific resolution before we have kids has always been to visit three different continents and after this year I'll have been to Europe, and South America. If I can figure out a way to convince my wife to take a second trip to Asia or Africa or Australia, I can cross that item off my bucket list. I suppose I should also include Antarctica, but I didn't put "see all seven continents" on that bucket list for a reason... it's cold there! But there are penguins, which might be reason enough to get my wife to go... *Laugh*

© Copyright 2014 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801672-Day-1-Craziest-New-Years-Resolution