*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801730-When-you-have-to-leave-everything-behind
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#801730 added January 2, 2014 at 12:43am
Restrictions: None
When you have to leave everything behind.
Many times in my life I have had to move to another distant location carrying only what I can carry in two suitcases and a carry-on. This means leaving a house or apartment with all the collected suff (books, paintings, appliances, tools, clothes, treasures collected, pets). In four or five years one can accumulate a lot of stuff, especially if you are a writer doing research, cooking, and an artist who paints and illustrates. I have a little bundle of precious brushes, and my legal and financial papers. Other than that all the important writing material is digitized and on various hard-drives, USB sticks, and in the web-book and tablet. EVERYTHING! All paper is scanned or photographed. In years past it amounted to many pounds of excess luggage that cost money to move.

What I have learned, is that it all is just stuff, and easily replaced or done without. Now I'm anxious to get back to a world where there are book stores with books in English and maybe television where I can see Game of Thrones.

Money is a consideration. For sure, the cost of traveling has become almost prohibitive. So major moves are about all that's allowed on a SS income. And I know better that to buy a new bicycle (They were always stolen) so I look for a beat-up old one that still works.

This time I am leaving cold and snow and changing it for tropic heat, dry desert air for humid heaven!

More about this as it happens...

Best wishes for this New Year. >>>iggy
          ** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2014 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801730-When-you-have-to-leave-everything-behind