*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801983-Friday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#801983 added January 3, 2014 at 5:32pm
Restrictions: None
Friday
I better get this done now or I may not get it written in time. I should have all night to write it, well, except for when i drive in to pick up my wife from work. But, shortly after I got home, I got a call, someone can't make it to work tonight. That means I will have to go back in for the closing shift and won't get home until after ten my time. That's eleven in WdC land, and if the weather is bad, it could be closer to eleven here, and midnight there.

I was up at three this morning for work, and it was cold and nasty out. It warmed up a lot, but the wind has been blowing all day. The snow was drifting and making visibility poor early this morning, but by the time I was done work, it had turned out to be pretty nice. The wind, as I said, was still blowing, but the snow was too sticky to blow much. I did a little shopping, visited my brother and drove home, the roads were fine.

We had planned on going ice fishing, but the wind makes it difficult in his portable shelter, and it's suppose to get nasty out again later. So, I came home and settled in to enjoy the evening. That's when I got the test that said, I can't make it to work tonight, roads are too bad.

What? I just drove home on them, they were fine. In fact, they were better today than they have been for a while. I checked the computer, looking at local road conditions -- wet and slippery in spots, but overall they listed all the local roads as good to fair winter driving conditions. I called the person and asked if they were sure they could not make it in to work.

Nope, there were vehicles rolled over east of town and the roads were terrible. I told him I had just driven home and they were fine. His mom had seen all this on the computer. "What's the link, I'd like to look and see."

"I don't know, my mom seen it, and she's sleeping now."

I told him I would fill in for him, but maybe he could work tomorrow for me or for Rhonda. He said that should be alright. That was the catch, because later tonight, around midnight, we go into a winter weather advisory. The winds will pick up even more, gusting to forty miles per hour, it's suppose to stat with rain and turn to snow, and last into Saturday afternoon.

Now, how is it he can't make it in when the roads are good, but tomorrow when they will be bad -- icy, drifting over, and low visibility, with sub zero temperatures and a dangerous wind chill factor he can work? I know he has driven in to work in worse weather than we had this morning, and like I said, it was pretty nice out today. Also, the worse part of the storm won't hit till after he is off work, or so they predict. I just don't think he really couldn't drive in to work.

I don't know what's up, but it's too early in the winter storm season to have this coming up. What's going to happen when we actually get severe weather?

Well, I better get ready to go back in to work. Hopefully I will be home by ten or shortly after, so I can relax a little, grab a couple of hours of sleep, then go back in right away in the morning.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801983-Friday