*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801867-Thursday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#801867 added January 2, 2014 at 7:15pm
Restrictions: None
Thursday
Another day running out. It's Thursday already, the week is flying by too fast. I wanted to work on a schedule change for hiring someone, and was hoping to get that done today. But, after work I took Rhonda to the clinic, then we returned home and started dinner. After we listened to some information on diet and health, now I'm in here and she's working on some dishes. It's going on six o'clock here, and in two more hours I need to be in bed.

I'm tired enough to go to bed now, but I know I wouldn't sleep very long and be up half the night. Since I have to work tomorrow, that would not be good. I also have plans for ice fishing after work, and will enjoy it more if I'm not so tired I can't see straight. I may just have to wait until next week to do the interview and if he gets the position, the hire paperwork. I need to know what hours he needs to work before I can talk to him, after all.

That's the way it tends to go for me, I set aside time for something like fishing, then find I have other things I should be doing with the time instead. Of course, if things had worked out right, I could have done most of this today, but by the time we got home, I was so tired I couldn't see straight. Not a good time to work on schedule changes.

Of course, if I didn't need to make changes, it would have been easier, but it only seemed fair to give the option to the person who has been with us for the hours he wants, instead of just giving them to the new person. So, I will work on the schedule with Rhonda and then I will do my interview and if he gets the position, I'll be able to tell him what days and hours are open for him.

I will also take some time to do some fishing, since it's important to get a break from things. I would also like to get some of my writing copied over to my portfolio from my computer, but that can wait a while longer. I don't want to do any of that when I'm half a sleep, either. I also have another story I can work on, but I need to be awake to write it.

So, it's important to keep working on my goal of getting to bed and getting enough sleep to function properly. I won't be doing very well for this week, but I plan on working on it again next week as well. In fact, I need to keep working at it until I get it down. Of course, that's the only way to do it.

I had set it for a weekly goal in here, though and that is why I said I would keep working on it. See, I set the goal Monday, but instead of specifying a set number of hours of sleep, I set a time. That won't work, since I don't get up at three in the morning every morning. No, I should have specified a set number of hours of sleep time. But this week wouldn't have been the best week to start that anyway.

Not with New Year's to celebrate. I can't take in the new year if I'm zonked in my bed now can I? Nope. Of course, that's just one night, but then last night it ran past time, again. Not bad, but I still got to bed later than I should have. Especially after the night before. I was beat, but by the time we had the dogs out and back in, I was wide awake from the cold. Of course, if we had just taken the dogs out for a few minutes, I would have been fine to retire shortly after coming in.

Instead we seen the interior lights glowing in the Jimmy. So, being sub-zero temperatures out, I thought it wise to start the Jimmy up and let the battery charge good. Only the battery was too low, and the Jimmy had not been plugged in all afternoon. So, I had to find the trouble light and battery charger, hook them up and get the battery charged up. I left it charge all night, and it did start fine this morning. But, by the time I had all that taken care of, the cold had me wide awake, and running behind schedule.

Tonight I will check it again before bedtime, and I will take the dogs out a little earlier, so the cold won't keep me up past bedtime. I'm learning as I go, being a night person in transition to an early morning person. I will get it eventually, and like I stated, I will continue with the goal until it is achieved.

So, for now, it's time for me to slip into my arctic wear and brave the polar night. Perhaps not in location, but as far as the temperature is concerned, it could just as well be the arctic; - 20 this morning, warming only to -5 for a high. It is already -11 and the wind will pick up by morning. Tomorrow, however, will be near thawing, but windy. A regular tropical heat wave!

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801867-Thursday