*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802096-So-What-
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #1712884
Why I want to write a book
#802096 added January 4, 2014 at 4:58pm
Restrictions: None
So What ?

        "How rude.  How dare you?"  So what?

        How do you resolve an disagreement with an asshole?

        At the age of 51, I still can't answer that ... except to say,  "Shit happens."
        I also believe that the easy access to assault weapons creates massacres ..

        Now I feel a notion to wax philosophy (I am not a philosopher).

        What are laws for?

                  When I was a lad a group of bandits was stealing bicycles and lawn furniture in my neighborhood.
                  The police were called, but they could not patrol our neighborhood due to cut backs in their budget.
                  So, a neighborhood watch was formed... like minute men; mostly soccer moms.
                  It was discovered that the bandits would strike when most of the neighbors were at work.
                  Mrs. Gardner took pictures of the thefts in progress, after calling the police.
                  The police arrived several hours later.  However, the photos were used to locate the bandits
                  from police criminal records. Arrests were made!

                  None of the bandits served any prison time and Mrs. Gardner's windows were smashed with rocks.

                  The law served no purpose ... Neighbor's locked up their bicycles and chained the lawn furniture
                  and more guns were purchased... Yes, there was a shooting, but the bandit escaped unharmed and
                  the neighborhood watch was warned by the police not to shoot at bandits.

      Sound familiar?

      I am amused by TV murder mysteries.  You know they'll solve the crime in 40 to 50 minutes.
      Nobody wants to watch a cop show where no bad guys get caught.  It's so predictable.
      What are laws for?  Why, law abiding citizens of course.  Bandits get away with murder and lawn furniture.
      That's their profession.


      ~~~
          <^>

     

© Copyright 2014 bob county (UN: muzzy43 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
bob county has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802096-So-What-