*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802256-Sunday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#802256 added January 5, 2014 at 11:33pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday
Very cold today, and windy on top of it. The thermometer is reading negative twenty degrees and the wind is blowing out of the north west at twenty to thirty miles per hour, with gusts close to forty at times. The wind chill is about negative sixty, or so they said on the radio. It's going to stay like this until Tuesday, and then it's still not getting warm, just less cold.

It's been like this most of the winter, with a nice day here and there, but otherwise cold, windy, and miserable. I don't mind the cold so much, but with the wind behind it, frostbite comes fast. So does hyperthermia as well. Cold is fine, snow is fun, but when it's like this, it's just dangerous to go out for anything. And, working as yard security, we have to go out in it. I just don't understand why so many people pick days like this to get stuff they really don't need right away.

I suppose they just have to get out and do something. Sure, there are some cases where they really do need to get something, but for many of them, I think it's just a matter of boredom. I can't image what it must be like to have so much emptiness in ones life that you have to constantly have some kind of external stimulation going.

Me, I love the quiet time alone. My imagination alone can keep me entertained for hours. I can read almost anything and enjoy it, and of course, I can write something. And, that's just me alone -- if I'm at home with Rhonda, there are games we can play, or just talk and enjoy each other's company. We also have two dogs, who are always willing to get some attention. Besides this, there is the computer, the T.V., and music.

Nope, I can't see how anyone can get so bored they have to venture out on a day like this, except for those people who just don't have anyone or anything. And to be honest, I never see any of them out on days like this. Most of the people I see out and about are just normal people who can't go a half hour without something to stimulate them. It's like someone once told me, if you don't use your brain, you will lose the ability to use it; like any other muscle, it needs to be worked.

Well, enough of this for the night, I'm heading off to bed to snuggle up to a lovely brunette and enjoy listening to the wind howl outside my window as I bask in the warmth and comfort of our bed.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802256-Sunday