*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802289-End-of-an-era
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#802289 added January 6, 2014 at 12:12pm
Restrictions: None
End of an era
Christmas holidays have come and gone. Today is the first day back. One of my classes actually failed to come, a first grade class. I don't know what brought that on, but I accept it. Gladly!

We had Christmas dinner with my mother and stepfather. It was a little different from Thanksgiving, where we had everybody in the house. My mother doesn't enjoy being around lots of people at once. Therefore we had "Just us" for Christmas. She fixed steak, baked potatoes, and salad. I told her it was my favorite Christmas meal ever! Much better than turkey and dressing again after just having it at Thanksgiving.

I sat around Christmas holidays in somewhat of a stupor For one thing, I have been prescribed a bunch of medicine to take. I always get the generics, frugal person that I am. Plus my daughter's best friend's mother is a pharmacist, and she swears they are the same thing.

1. Ambien - 10 mgs. I went to Dr. Polk, an elderly doctor in our town. He has been practicing for a million years and people trust him. I told him I couldn't sleep, so he prescribed Ambien. I told him I didn't plan to take it every day since I didn't want to get addicted, and he quite agreed with me. It doesn't always work. I went to do a sleep study, where they hung 8000 suction cups on me with wires going everywhere. It was actually heavy. I knew before I went that I wouldn't be able to sleep in such a situation, so I took my Ambien with me. Took two. Didn't help. I havent heard any results yet. They only result they are liable to give me is how worrysome I was, having to go to the bathroom every few minutes and tossing and turning in the bed to the point of having to be untangled.

2. Cholesterol medication plus fish oil, which I tend to forget to take

3. When I came back to work from Thanksgiving Holidays (on December 2, my birthday), I went into panic mode. I couldn't breathe, and I felt like if I didn't get out of the building I would die. I left and went to the emergency room. The so nice people gave me some perker-uppers: Zoloft and Ativan. I seems to be helping. When I went back to the regular doctor, he upped the dose of Zoloft from 50 mgs to 100. I wonder how that will do. I took the Ativan this morning, since today is the first day back after holidays. It is supposed to be taken as needed, as in if I feel a panic attack soming on.

I don't know if I just needed the rest or if getting adjusted to meds has put my brain in such a fog. On top of that, he wants me to cut down on sugar, or preferably cut it out. That means the Cokes I am so addicted to. Diet Coke helps, but it takes some getting adjusted to. I have been sneaking around and getting regular coke here and there, but I truly don't want to get dependant on diabetic medicine, which he said he would have to prescribe if I didn't cut out sugar.

Gloom, despair, and agony on me.

It could be worse, I know - plenty of people have much worse problems. Once I make the adjustment I'll be fine. God bless us every one!



" . . .my doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and
a natural deficiency in moral fiber . . ."
Douglas Adams


© Copyright 2014 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802289-End-of-an-era