*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802879-Monotone
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #1909095
My journey to find my writer's voice and the lessons I have learned on the way.
#802879 added January 11, 2014 at 10:26am
Restrictions: None
Monotone
So, I decided to write about someone new I met. And, so I started going through my last week to find someone. And I thought... and I thought... and I once again found that my life is pretty...monotone. I go nowhere really, so I don't have the opportunity to meet new people. When I do go out, it's usually with my husband and we go to the movies. Although I am a very friendly and outgoing person, it makes my husband uncomfortable when I talk to strangers, so I don't really meet anyone that way. In the past 3 years, the only time I've met new people was when I moved into this house and started going to a new "ward" (an LDS term for congregation). I was also on a new bowling league last year ( I have an average of 145 thank you very much) and met a ton of people that way too. But, my teammates had to quit, and I had no way to get there every week, so that was out too. Once again, my isolation becomes a prison, and I strain at the leash. How did I, a person who can make friends easily and is very social, become so invisible? How did this happen to me?

And then it hit me. I have met a TON of new people. If it weren't for this isolation, I would never have turned to writing again. I would never have come to WDC. I spend almost all day, everyday here and it has given a new lease on my life. My writing has inspired others, gotten published, woken me up, and best of all, put me on the track God intended when he gave me this talent. If it hadn't been for my enforced solitude, I would still be whiling away the hours watching TV and cleaning the house.

So who have I met lately? Well, through my contests I have met so many people who are no longer just contestants, but have become dear friends. Many of you know me better than a lot of people in my physical world. But, I'd have to say, in the last little while, I have become closer to turtlemoon-dohi and GeminiGem of House Lannister and Cinn   to name just a few. How could I have missed it. I don't have to meet friends and neighbors to meet new people. They're all around me, and understand me better than those in my daily life. Monotone indeed! I listen to a symphony everyday! Thanks guys!

© Copyright 2014 Angels in my Ear (UN: aundria_k at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Angels in my Ear has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802879-Monotone