*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803299-Wonder
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#803299 added January 14, 2014 at 3:58pm
Restrictions: None
Wonder
I pondered what might do the blog justice for today and the word that came to mind is the word wonder.

I look at the way my world has progressed since I have come to Kansas city and all I can do is gaze with eyes lit up and shake my head "wow"!
I came to Kansas city twenty four years ago. I had only a suitcase, no job, no place to stay and knew not a soul. I came with the dream of being a minister and had little reason to believe that dreams like this could come true. God provided in all manner of ways. My first roommate let me know that I had no chance of finishing my education at seminary. He let me know I would not finish because he could not. Four years later I graduated and in between times was married to the woman I would have three children with.

God must have a smile. I have pastored in several churches and was a chaplain for several years. Today I celebrate by anniversary with my second wife. I have survived divorce, sicknesses and all manner of other challenges that tested my faith. I wonder at the fact that God had such a great plan for me. I made a deal with God that I would only go to this new adventure if he let me go back home to my big family in Massachusetts. God not only got me back to Massachusetts on occasion, he gives me occasion to love innumerable brother and sisters at my home here. The lesson I have learned from all this is "that home is where the heart is"'*BigSmile*

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803299-Wonder