*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803330-Children-and-Deceptions
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1777018
All about me and my world!
#803330 added January 14, 2014 at 8:51pm
Restrictions: None
Children and Deceptions
Jan 14, 2014

BCOF prompt is "Do you agree or disagree? What are some popular deceptions that should be told to children? Do you believe it is more traumatic being deceived as a child or more traumatic dealing with the harsh realities of the world at a very young age?"

I have mixed feelings on this subject. I think that it is okay to let kids believe in things like the Easter bunny, tooth fairy, and Santa Claus. To me, it teaches kids to be creative. In my experiences, most children figure out the truth when they get older and are usually okay. I know that my brother and I were.

I do believe that kids need to know about the harsh realities of the world, but it needs to be explained to them in an age appropriate manner. My parents never told me anything because they felt I needed to learn things on my own. This is the worst thing you could do to a child. Yes, children do need to learn things on their own, but it's good to be prepared. I ended up dealing with more trauma than necessary because I wasn't prepared.


News In My World!

Today was a slow day for me. I did get in a couple of short walks, a 30 minute aerobic workout, a 30 minute weightlifting workout, and fixed the printer so I could print out some chapters to edit. I've also lost another pound to make 5 pounds since the 6th. Now, all I have left to do is my Zumba workout, read some blogs to comment on, edit some chapters, and do some reading.


© Copyright 2014 very thankful (UN: sisterofmercy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
very thankful has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803330-Children-and-Deceptions