*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803826-In-general-an-update
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Raine
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1827494
Just a spot for random musings. No one ever accused me of being a conscientious blogger.
#803826 added January 19, 2014 at 10:02am
Restrictions: None
In general, an update
So working on another fairy tale. I swore I wasn't going to do it but fairies have a way of sneaking into my brain and taking over. The fun in the stories is part of the allure. Coming off of writing Styx and Stones which is very action oriented and more intense, I need a bit of fun right now.


Stargazer is about a cranky human man and an independent faery princess trapped in a spell. It's based loosely on the Twelve Dancing Princesses but there will be Beauty and the Beast moments as well as some Pinocchio and Sleeping Beauty. And all because I had to create a place for Melody and Carradoc to live in at the end of Wilding Heart. See? I do it to myself and I haven't figured out how to stop.


 The Stargazer  (18+)
A changeling is trapped in a faery spell
#1970243 by Raine



The Pantheon Series is done. There's a huge sigh of relief and a moment of sad goodbye because I genuinely enjoyed that universe. I need to start a new series but I seem to want to write the second in the series before I write the first and my fantasy tale is sort of stuck right now. Too much politics and I have to figure out how to weave what my mage girl learns with what happens later. I could jump over this section, maybe, and come back but I haven't had that method work very well for me in the past.


I know futuristic romances are out at the moment and hot paranormal have taken their place but that's where my imagination is leading me. I have two series tugging at me but I'm not sure where they're going just yet. I'll just have to pick one and run with it, I suppose. One is about people from a planet where psychic phenomenon are common place and the other is about two earth women who meet aliens and fall in love. The first is far more action oriented and intense and the second filled with more humor. Culture clashes are so much fun to write, lol.

© Copyright 2014 Raine (UN: crystalraine at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Raine has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803826-In-general-an-update