*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803962-Monday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#803962 added January 20, 2014 at 4:08pm
Restrictions: None
Monday
Look at me, in here in the middle of the afternoon. What's up with that? I'll tell you what's up, it's my day off; the first of two for the week, if the weather isn't too bad and I don't get called in. I'm enjoying the day off, but trying to be productive at the same time. I should be working on some work items, but I did get most of the stuff done earlier.

Besides, I usually do my work on my laptop, not on here. Not that I couldn't, but I prefer not to do much with this notebook other enjoyable tasks and writing. I don't know, maybe it's silly, but I reason it like this. If I use this for enjoyable tasks and writing, I will be more likely to be more creative on here. If, on the other hand, I use it for work as well, then I will associate this computer with work, and possibly lose some creativity.

And, it's not that I won't use this notebook for work, I just won't use it unless it's a necessity. If I'm n town or away from my laptop and need to do something for work, I do have the items on here that I need. It's just that I will try and have things done or arranged to get done on my laptop. On the same idea, I use my laptop for writing and fun tasks as well. Just because it is my primary work computer doesn't mean I cannot use it for other things, too.

In fact I used it for NaNoWriMo this year, because I did not have this notebook yet. For that matter, I do a lot of writing on it; I do the majority of my writing on it. It has a bigger screen, so it is much easier on my eyes, I am very comfortable with the keyboard ad can type much faster on it, with less mistakes and typos, and it is set up with all my favorites that I use when writing. My notebook, on the other hand is still very new to me. It has a much smaller screen and is more difficult for me to see, because everything is smaller. The keypad is smaller as well, with the keys grouped much closer together. I'm also still putting the items on here that I use all the time, and getting things set up for more writing.

It's not a matter of preference at all, since I like both equally, I'm just more accustom to the laptop. I have had it for a few years now and know my way around it, am used to the setup, and do very well with it. My notebook is still brand new, and I am still learning how to get around in here, since it has Windows 8.1 instead of 7. It also has a touch screen, and is very new to me. The keys on the keyboard are big enough and spaced about right for my fingers, I just need to get accustomed to them. That's the thing, I have not had this long enough to learn my way around, set everything up, and get a feel for it.

I would have done more, given more time, but when time is so limited, it just makes sense to use the fastest set up, and that has been my laptop. But, I am getting better at typing and finding my way around in here and soon enough, this may very well become my computer of choice.

I am off to other tasks but plan on returning to WDC in a little while. I may nit come back in here, to my journal, but I would like to do a review or two, and upload some items. First, though, I need to move them from my laptop to the clouds so I can access them from either computer. Then, I will have them available no matter what computer I use. It will also make a great back-up for them. I am a very firm believer in having back-up copies, not just one back-up. I have, unfortunately, been the victim of too few back-ups and have lost information, images, music, and even some writing as a result of not being able to get the back-up to work after crashing a computer.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803962-Monday