*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804112-Tuesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#804112 added January 21, 2014 at 7:02pm
Restrictions: None
Tuesday
Not too late, but still.... It's later than I intended, and my day is running out faster than my tasks I wanted to get done. This was my second and last day off this week, and I had hopes of getting a lot done over the two days. Instead, I find myself somewhat frustrated in how little I did get done.

Now, a couple hours later and I'm back to finish this entry. It's been a frustrating two days in the sense that I had hopes of getting a lot done and only managed to get a few things done. I feel good about the tasks I did get to, and I'm happy to have that part done. It just seems like it took so long to get so little done. Why? Problems, lots of problems.

For one thing, my internet connection is too slow, and actually disconnects from time to time. I live in a small town, and the only service available is through the phone company. They do offer high speed, and we switched over from dial-up years ago. And, it was a good service, fast and dependable. They have upgraded and now offer three different high speed choices. Even as they upgraded, they told us we would have increased speeds without moving to the next level. In actuality our speed has dropped. I run speed tests from time to time to see if it's the computer or the internet. It's dropped from earlier tests run through the same server. Our provider actually has a link to a site that will run upload and download speed tests, and they match other sites I've compared them to.

So, as more options become available, our service slows without us changing anything. Why? Well, so we will upgrade to the next level of service, which of course, costs more. We had decent speed and no problems for years, at thirty five bucks a month for internet. Then, they upgraded and the price went up to forty bucks a month. Now, we have two higher speeds  available, and the price is nearing fifty bucks, is slower, and disconnects. I could upgrade, for another fifteen bucks, making it sixty five or eighty bucks for the fastest service. I'm sure it would be faster, probably back to where this was at before. I'm sure it will be more dependable, too; like it was before the upgrades.

So, I either pay more to get the same as I had, or suffer through with slow connections and interruptions. I wish there were more choices for us, but for the time being, we are kind of stuck with this. That's why, over the last two days, I spent as much time waiting as I did working. And, I still didn't get much done. There were other problems, too. It seems like time goes by way too fast and everybody wants to make a person wait. That's the whole of it, lots of time wasted waiting for someone else, for websites, and for people to call back.

Hopefully I find a solution to save some of the time I waste waiting around. I could understand if it was wasted by me, pissing it away playing games or doing unproductive things, but this past two days I've been very careful not to waste any time just to see if it was me, or if I was unable to control how long it takes to do things. The answer was, I have no control over it. Sure, I do squander some of my time, but now I know, I waste a little, the rest is wasted without choice.


© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804112-Tuesday