*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804036-What-distracted-you-today
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by kat
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1972989
My thoughts ~ Imagination is even more valuable than knowledge.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#804036 added January 21, 2014 at 3:07am
Restrictions: None
What distracted you today?
What distracted you today?





I have had a rough weekend praying to the porcelain god and praying that the aching in my body abates with the magic of the medicine I have taken from the cupboard.  Those who know me well know that my house is often not too clean but it has been some time since it has been in this state.  As I went to the sink to get a drink I was shocked to find that I could not find the sink.  I staggered back to the chair to die for a while but I could not stop thinking about the foul sight in my kitchen. 


I laid curled in the chair watching “Once Upon A Time” on a borrowed Netflix account but even with the gripping story before me I could not keep my mind off the tasks awaiting me when I finally could move without feeling like I had been run over by a Mac truck.  Once the magic began to happen and I could move with minimal pain I fought my way to the kitchen.  I began to dig out from a weekend of my family not having me alert enough to delegate tasks and crack whips. 


The foulness I found gave me new resolve to not ever be ill again.  As I sit here recovering and trying to make up for a weekend of neglecting my writing tasks I wonder what other treasures my family has left for me in my time of need.  Tomorrow will be another day and I am sure as I continue to recover I will be able to handle whatever awaits me.



© Copyright 2014 kat (UN: katsbooks72 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
kat has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804036-What-distracted-you-today