*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804131-What-excited-you-today
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by kat
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1972989
My thoughts ~ Imagination is even more valuable than knowledge.
#804131 added January 21, 2014 at 10:19pm
Restrictions: None
What excited you today?
What excited you today?


I am still recovering from my illness but today I went to work.  All went well until the boy I was supposed to be supporting wanted to play ball for gym.  Since he had missed his normal gym time it was up to me to either make him happy or cause a behavior, so I played with him.  It was exhilarating and rewarding to see him smile but it left me with the painful reminder of how I spent my weekend. Upon realizing the effort I was expecting; my body quickly gave up and I resumed the feeling of being run over by that truck.  Lucky for me the day was almost over at that point and I was able to return home to practice dying in my chair.  When the ache lessoned I booted up my computer to log in and check on my writing accounts.


When I arrived at my writing.com account I noticed immediately the red boxes indicating I had two messages and one notification.  Going to the message first I found that it was a review of the piece I wrote for the writer’s cramp.  Never having won before imagine my surprise when I realized that all of the red boxes were because I had won the contest!  The piece I wrote was a scene from the novel I am creating.  I thought the characters were compelling and the plot strong but it is being reaffirmed by the response on here.  I am so inspired to write this story that even when I don’t have time the story swims around in my head, the characters are saved by hero’s in my head.  I am excited that my characters are also invading the thoughts of those who are lucky enough to read my stories. 


It is almost enough to make me forget the state I am currently in, if only for a moment.  I have finally created something magical and amazing.  There is nothing more exciting than that!





Write on.  



© Copyright 2014 kat (UN: katsbooks72 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
kat has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804131-What-excited-you-today