*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804224-Wednesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#804224 added January 22, 2014 at 8:50pm
Restrictions: None
Wednesday
It's late and I'm not going to get much written in here. Not that I had much choice today, I spent the entire day working. I went in at four this morning and ended up not getting home until a little after five tonight. I worked a double shift because the other guard seems to have a problem getting in to work if the weather is bad. Of course, we talked about this, so today he called in sick.

Not that it makes any difference, it's just frustrating, that's all. I know where he lives, and he does have quite a drive to get to work, and the roads are not the best. Also, they are secondary roads and are not plowed often. There are lots of areas for drifting and problems, too.

Even so, working all day is tough enough anytime, but when it's a day like today, it's even more exhausting. The wind was blowing hard, up to fifty mph, and it was cold, only twelve degrees this morning at four. It dropped all day and is now down to negative nine degrees and will bottom out around negative twenty tonight. I work again in the morning, and will have to deal with the frigid cold and wind chills all morning.

Of course, the same person comes in and relieves me tomorrow, so it may be all day again. Since I'm already beat, and may have another long day, this will have to suffice.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804224-Wednesday