*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804274-23-Apocalyptic-Divorce
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1910923
Looks like I may have a ton of these, so this is collection 1 of Reflections
#804274 added January 23, 2014 at 11:55pm
Restrictions: None
23: Apocalyptic Divorce
If a cataclysmic event wiped out 90% of the world population (equal proportions of all races are wiped out and all races have some surviving representatives), would humans be better off in the long run (having the opportunity for a fresh start) or would the state of the world remain much the same as it is today?

Ummmm, hmmm. For the first time I really don't know. I mean there are so many factors: Are the survivors friendly? Do they have pertinent skills?

Let's assume the remaining 10% are good at surviving; sure, I think humans would be better off for a while. Perhaps 2/3 generations maybe, but sooner or later things would go back to "normal". I mean what's so great about today anyway? Christian rapper Lacrae had an insightful post the other day, something to the affect of "People keep saying the world has gone to hell. I don't ever remember it being a perfect place." And there was a collage of four pics representing the native americans, slavery and a couple other not so great things. Need I mention Cain and Able?

So yea, I"d like to say humans would be better off....but as long as there are humans there will be good and evil.
-------
Do you believe in divorce? Do you think the present-day prevalence of divorce has made it easier for adults and/or children to deal with when it does happen?

Oi, another loaded question.

Short answer:
Do I believe divorce should be viewed as an option? No.

Do I think extenuating circumstances arise and divorce should be considered? Yes.

Long answer:
What a perfect question to ask 5 days after my 1st and only boyfriend/holder of my V-card just got married. Not to mention, while helping out with PS2014 last weekend I found out that since I last saw them, 2 guys are currently separated/getting divorced and 1 that I thought/assumed was already married/with someone is now dating one of the workers. And of course there's my other gym friend that's currently dating a married woman whose divorce is eventually supposed to be finalized this month. Crazy thing called "love" huh?

No I don't think the influx of divorcees makes it any easier. More accepted and giving us more people to relate/talk openly to? Sure.

To not 'believe' in divorce sounds very ignorant and 1950s, but to rely on and consider it an option....I think that's just sad.

Ok, so maybe that wasn't such a long response.

© Copyright 2014 A*Monaing*Faith (UN: afaith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
A*Monaing*Faith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804274-23-Apocalyptic-Divorce